Benefits of Investing in Porcelain Floor Tiles
Quite often, tiles get categorised by different names. These might sound confusing to an end customer who might not understand the technicalities. We have tried to make this simpler below by highlighting the broad categories and their respective usages.
Read our blogs:
Often when you go out to shop for tiles, the words ceramic tiles and porcelain tiles come up in discussion. if you’re new to tiles and do not know what the difference is, its perhaps a must know before you buy the tiles. for a large proportion of people, tiles are tiles but when it’s about investing your own money for tiles in your own home, it’s imperative to understand the difference and the pros and cons of Porcelain floor tiles.
- Although both Porcelain and Ceramic tiles are made from clay mixed with other materials, Porcelain tiles are heated to a higher degree resulting in a harder, denser product. This makes Porcelain tiles ideal for bathroom floor tiles and other wet areas where moisture can be a concern.
- Porcelain tiles offer an array of designs and finishes as compared to Ceramic tiles. With recent advancements in printing technologies, porcelain tiles can have almost any design or pattern that you would like. from the prints to finishes, there is a lot of scope to play around with.
- Porcelain tiles are hardened in heat furnaces where temperatures go up to 5000 degrees Celsius. this makes porcelain tiles hard enough to face any test and makes them an ideal choice for high traffic volume areas like airports, hotel lobbies, platforms etc.
- Glazed porcelain tiles come with a layer of chemical that is glazed on the top of tile making it the top most layer. This makes Porcelain tiles even easier to maintain. These tiles are largely stain free. Just simple vacuuming plus mopping does the trick.
- Porcelain tiles are best for colder weather, it can withstand even extreme cold. Due to its extremely dense property and very low moisture absorption rate, it doesn’t crack like marble.
Even though porcelain tiles are a little more expensive as compared to ceramic tiles, they are worth every penny spent for their long lasting properties. They continue to be market favourites and still provides you with flexibility in regards to colours, designs and finishes.